You are here

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
WillysJeeps
WillysJeeps's picture
Looking for LM 2000 track lengths

Hi - looking for extra sections of track for my LM 2000 as I would like to mill longer beams. If anyone knows where I can get some as Norwood no longer makes them, I would appreciate it. Or, if anyone has ideas on fabricating extra sections that would be just as good. Thanks!

Bill
Bill's picture

I prefabed 8' to my tracks & one fella did it by bolting some angle iron to 6x6's probably a few ways of doing it and making an extra bunk. I took the bunk from under the start end and move it so I only had to make 1 more the 1 I moved you don't use anyway.

WillysJeeps
WillysJeeps's picture

I like that idea better than fabricating it out of channel  as the 6x6 is free! Good idea on the bunk too, thanks.

r.garrison1
r.garrison1's picture

For extra strength, maybe use custom 3X6 lengths, bolting with alternating joints (so you always have one board going straight through)? Your angle may be OK for keeping that from being a problem, but I like to complicate things.

JP
JP's picture

I made an 8' section to add to my mill. I sawed ouy two pcs 2:x 8" oak and purchased a 20' section of 1 1/4 " angle iron.

Remove the 2 ft sections of anlge at the end of the mill, butt the 2x8s and support them  plum and true with the mill. 

.I also used 2 pcs of 2x8  as spacers <> rails

Place the angle iron  2 ft on the mill and 8 ft on the oak and mark and drill holes for bolts and lags to hold it all togather.

I have been using this for 12 years with no problems

If someone can show me how to post pictures I can show lots of stuff//  JP

JP
JP's picture

I think I figured out how to post a picture but need to figure how to shrink my pics to 2 mg ?? JP

r.garrison1
r.garrison1's picture

Do you use a PC? I like Paint.net, which is free. I open the image, then select Image/resize.

I then make certain that 'Maintain Aspect Ratio' is selected (so it still looks normal, not squished or really tall) and I change the print size. If the resolution is 96.0, and the size is smaller than 6X8 or so, it will be less than 2 MB easily, and still pretty viewable.